Sep 19 2008
BIG moves to the upside on Treasury yields
The other day I posted a screen shot of what was happening in Treasury yields. They were falling rapidly. Now things are going the other way even faster.
These moves are some of the largest I’ve ever seen, even going back to the days when I was a fixed income analyst. To give you an idea of what these moves mean, a 4 point move in the Treasury Bond futures contract is worth $4000.Â The Eurodollar contracts are up 30+ ticks. That’s a move of more than $750 on a contract, on what is the most actively traded futures contract (1 million plus volume per day).
Here are some other posts which might interest you:
- Updates On Recent Eurodollar and Bond Trade Ideas
- Following Up on S&P Open Interest
- A Eurodollar Convergence Trade
- CME Expanding the Price Increment on Bond Futures
- If the US is Japan, Buy Long Bonds